LEELANAU SANDS CASINO & LODGE IS NOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge is now open to the public. Our reopening includes several new COVID-19 safety measures listed below listed below, including increased sanitation protocols, health testing measures, and social distancing. Our reopening at both Turtle Creek and Leelanau Sands casinos will occur in phases, with increased amenities added over time as directed by health, safety, and compliance evaluations. This includes the eventual return of gaming offers, promotions, groups, and special events. Thank you for your continued patience as we have prepared both of our properties for a safe and enjoyable reopening. We are excited to see you again at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge.
Hours of Operation:
- Leelanau Sands Casino offers slot play daily from 8:00am-2:00am and table games from 2:00pm – 2:00am. Both properties will utilize the closed hours for extensive cleaning and preparation.
- Turtle Creek Casino is open daily through 3:00am with slot play starting at 7:00am and table games starting at 2:00pm.
- Bingo resumed at Leelanau Sands Casino Friday, June 5, 2020 at 6:00pm with properly-distanced seating with regular session days and hours (Wednesday-Friday starting at 6:00pm, Sunday starting at 1:00pm).
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- For the time being, indoor smoking is only permitted on the East gaming floor at Turtle Creek Casino. Smoking at outdoor locations will now require COVID-19 reentry procedures. Smoking is not permitted on the West gaming floor, the hotel at Turtle Creek Casino, or indoors at Leelanau Sands Casino.
- In addition to our normal cleaning practices, every department in our organization has implemented enhanced sanitization procedures, to be performed continuously throughout the day in accordance with Grand Traverse Resort & Casinos Health and Safety Response Plan.
- Turtle Creek Casino will be closed from 3am to 7am every day for extensive property-wide sanitization. Leelanau Sands Casino will operate under normal hours, 8am to 2am, allowing us to deep clean the property throughout the day.
- We are increasing the frequency of cleaning at high-use areas, including dining venues, slot machines, table games, elevators, all handrails and door handles, counter tops, and other guest touch points.
- We have increased the number of hand-sanitization stations throughout our property, including in the back-of-house for team members and front-of-house for our guest’s use.
- Capacities are limited to 350 guests at Turtle Creek Casino and 125 guests at Leelanau Sands Casino.
- Properly worn masks are required of all guests and team members while on property, this supports the recommendation from the CDC that face masks should be worn at all times. Face shields should be used in addition to face masks when 6 feet of social distancing. Therefore, face masks are required of every employee and guest. (Please note, guests should be prepared to provide their own mask as supplies are limited due to demand.)
- In an effort to control the limited capacities of our properties, the amount of entrances to our casino is minimized and controlled by our Security staff.
- Temperature screening is required of all team members and guests prior to entering the property. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100.4° will be asked to return home to recuperate.
- Guests are asked to practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet. Floor signage will help guide proper distance between guests.
- We have installed plexiglass shields in close contact areas, including our hotel front desk, cage cashier stations, dining cashier stations, gift shop, and players club.
- Approximately 1/3 of our gaming machines are active and seating removed to encourage safe distancing.
- Table games seating is limited to three people per table and every other table is closed.
- Self-service beverage stations are not operable, but instead you can receive your complimentary soda and coffee from one of our Tower Bars.
- Once we open up our food venues, seating will be limited in order to allow for proper social distancing. We will offer expanded service areas at our Bourbon’s 72 patio and Onyx Sports Bar patio.
- Season’s buffet will not reopen for the time being and will instead be used for additional seating for the Deli (to allow greater guest social distancing and comfort).
- Both our hotel at Turtle Creek Casino and our lodge at Leelanau Sands Casino are limited to approximately 33% of our occupancy to allow proper time for deep cleaning after each guest stay.
- In an effort to protect our guests and employees from unnecessary contact and exposure and to let as many as guests as possible actively game, loitering on property is strictly discouraged and will be addressed as necessary.
Food and Beverage:
Limited dining options are available with properly distanced seating at both properties.
- At Turtle Creek Casino, Bourbons 72 steakhouse will serve over 100 guests from 5:00pm-10:00pm in the dining room, outdoor patio, and lounge (reservations are suggested).
- The Deli will seat over 60 guests from 7:00am – 1:00am with added tables available for seating in Seasons restaurant (Seasons buffet-style dining will be closed until further notice).
- Big Dex’s Restaurant at Leelanau Sands Casino will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner with seating and grab-and-go options Sunday through Thursday from 8:00am-10:00pm and Fridays and Saturdays from 8:00am-12:00am.
- Self-serve beverage areas are closed at this time, however complimentary soda and coffee is available at the staffed bar areas.
Hotel & Lodging:
- Accommodations at both Turtle Creek Casino and The Lodge at Leelanau Sand Casino are open with a limited number of rooms to allow proper time for deep cleaning. For Turtle Creek hotel reservations, call 800-951-8946. For Leelanau Sands lodge reservations, call 800-930-3008.
- RV parking is now available at Leelanau Sands Casino, call 800-930-3008 to make a reservation
Additional COVID-19 FAQs
Q: Is Grand Traverse Resort and Spa open?
A: Our sister property, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, is operating with limited availability, including overnight accommodation in the Tower, golf and limited restaurants. Their spa, pools, beach club and other amenities remain closed. For more information, visit the Resort’s COVID-19 update page here .
Q: What happens to my Grand Rewards players card while you were closed?
A: Your Grand Rewards players card remained active and your tier status was maintained. All balances are in your account.
Q: What about my drawing entries? Are they still good?
A: Yes, we will save your entries for a future drawing. Stay tuned for more information.
Q: What happens to my offers while the casino is closed? Will I get new offers once you are open again?
A: All offers have expiration dates, but when we create new offers for you, we won’t let the closure period affect them.
Q: Will you offer promotions and other special offers during your reopening?
A: At this time, our ongoing promotions have resumed. Additional amenities like monthly promotions, offers, and entertainment will be brought back for guest’s enjoyment at a future time.
Q: I’m looking for a place to stay now, is your hotel open?
A: A limited number of hotel rooms at Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel and the Lodge at Leelanau Sands will be available beginning Friday, May 29. Note, there are a limited number of rooms currently available at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. For hotel reservations, contact:
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel: 231-534-6000
- The Lodge at Leelanau Sands Casino: 800-930-3008
- Grand Traverse Resort and Spa: 231-534-6000
Q: What happens to my reservation? Will I be charged any fees?
A: All reservations are automatically canceled for as long as we remain closed. You will not be charged any cancellation fees. If you want to keep your upcoming reservation you don’t need to do anything. If you would like to cancel your future reservation, please reach out to our front desk upon re-opening or email us.
Q: How can I obtain a win/loss statement?
A: Win/Loss statements will be processed as normal. Simply download the win/loss request form by clicking here , fill it out, and send it in. If you provide us with your email address you will get the win/loss statement a couple of days faster than if we send it to you via the post office.