enter your group/offer code here
Leelanau Wineries Near Leelanau Sands Casino
When you visit Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge, you have one of the most beautiful peninsulas in Michigan right out the front door. Its rolling hills, hardwood forests, and protected watersheds that provide the perfect landscape for vineyards. That’s why a visit to Leelanau Sands isn’t complete without visiting some award-winning Leelanau County wineries.
To help, we’ve created a Leelanau County winery map so you can plan your route, whether you want to create a day out of it, or you just want to know which wineries are closest to the casino. Click the thumbnail to see the PDF in full-screen.
Wineries Near Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge
The map highlights the following Leelanau Peninsula wineries and cideries that locals and visitors both love to visit.
- Green Bird Cellars makes all of their cider, wine, and sangria on-site with 100% organic ingredients. Don’t miss this small tasting room tucked back in the rolling hills of Northport, just off M-22.
- A small tasting room provides the perfect backdrop for you to taste handcrafted wines. There are also two miles of hiking trails on the property to enjoy.
- This winery blends passion and classic techniques to create small-batch wines with a sense of soul.
- Enjoy local wines with a view of the water at this tasting room located right on Omena Bay in Omena. There’s also a restaurant next door for those who want to grab a bite to eat!
- Inspired by the winemaking regions of France, French Valley produces wines in the heart of Leelanau County, just north of Cedar.
- Situated on an idyllic 160-acre estate, Black Star is a popular culinary and wine destination. Stop by the tasting room for award-winning wines and enjoy a hike on the on-site nature trails.
- Enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding area from Two K’s tasting room nestled high on the farm’s dune hills. High ceilings with exposed beams and antique chandeliers provide a rustic yet elegant feel.
- Award-winning wines grown, fermented, and bottled on-site. Willow Winery is one of the original five wineries in Leelanau County, and this experience has helped them create some of the best wines in the region.
- This hilltop vineyard and winery is owned and operated by one (famous) family, and it shows in their commitment to quality wine and a great tasting room experience. Combine European-inspired wine with live music in the pergola for a great evening.
- Mawby is the only sparkling winery in the region, offering a unique taste of the region’s terroir with a little extra zing. True world-class flavor at an affordable price—take advantage of the amazing value.
- This winery and cidery near the village of Cedar offers great views and with over 100 grape varieties grown on-site, you’ll find everything from tasty Pinot Grigios to rare Auxerrois.
- Located at the base of Leelanau Peninsula, this 150-acre boutique winery combines a passion for sustainable agriculture with a vision of producing wines that represent the elegance of the surrounding area.
- Blending their passion for cherries with great-tasting wine, this winery in downtown Glen Arbor is a must-see stop for fans of cherry wine and all things cherries. Don’t forget to grab some chocolate-covered cherries and other cherry snacks in the gift shop next door before you leave!
- Situated right on the water in the village of Lake Leelanau, Boathouse Vineyards offers visitors wine by the glass on the covered porch—or relax by the water and watch the boats go by.
- This family-owned winery in the heart of the Leelanau Peninsula is committed to making world-class wine at prices everyone can afford. Stop by and try some of their award-winning wines in their tasting room.
- This winery specializes in cool-climate wines with six different grape varietals grown on 10 acres just one mile from Lake Michigan. Pair the wine with artisanal cheese flights in the tasting room for a match made in heaven.
- This tasting room’s floor-to-ceiling windows offer panoramic views of the 40-acre winery tucked away in Leelanau County. Named after the rare Leland blue stones found along the shoreline, this winery is sure to impress.
- This cidery and winery near Lake Leelanau produces wines and ciders for every palate in their modern, upscale tasting room.
- This family-run business uses estate-grown grapes to produce wines with balance, character, and charm, capturing the true essence of the paradise it calls home. Head to their tasting room in Lake Leelanau to see for yourself.
- At Good Harbor Vineyards, the winemaking and viticulture team work together to refine their grapes and techniques to produce one-of-a-kind wines. With more than four decades of winemaking experience, this winery has had a lot of time to perfect their craft, and it shows!
- The 45th parallel runs right through this vineyard and winery located in between Suttons Bay and the narrows of Lake Leelanau. Known for winning prestigious national awards, this distinct winery and cidery showcases the rolling land. Enjoy wine samples in their beautiful hand-hewn post-and-beam barn.
- One of the original cideries in the area, Tandem Ciders is a local favorite, and for a good reason. They always have several tasty cider varieties on tap, with a laid-back and cozy atmosphere to enjoy them in.
- Where old-world charm meets the wonder of Leelanau County. Enjoy locally sourced small plates to complement your tasting experience at this European style tasting room.
- “Verterra” means “true to the land,” and the fruit grown on their land embodies the essences of Leelanau Peninsula. Enjoy fruity, lively, and balanced wines from the highest ridge on the Leelanau Peninsula, or at their other tasting room in Leland.
Stay Where You Play
Book a room at our lodge and make it a weekend of wine tours, slots, tables games, beach time, and more. Give us a call at (800) 922-2946 to book a room and learn more about having a fun getaway in beautiful Leelanau County.